Director Workshop Course Summary
4th Wednesday of the Month, 6:00- 8:00 pm (September Thru April)
The Director’s Workshop will prepare you to lead a Volunteer production team during the recording of a studio program.
Specific Skills Learned
- Pacing and shot selection of a studio program
- Proper camera placement and framing
- How to record to computer hard drive
- How to communicate with crew during program
- Clear-Com and headset operation, including volume and stage announce
- Works with the Producer to execute all technical aspects of program.
- Communicates with crew about what is expected of them during production.
- Ensures all crew members are prepared to perform their duties during program.
- Gives direction to crew members during program.
- Tells Technical Director which cameras, graphics, video inserts, etc. are to be used.
- Watches program and “calls camera shots” during production.