Robotic Camera Course Summary
1st Wednesday of the Month, 6:00- 8:00pm
The Robotic Camera Workshop will teach you the necessary skills to operate the Sony remote controlled cameras during both live and taped productions. The Camera operator’s role, under the general supervision of the Director, is to control the placement of the cameras during a production. This includes ensuring each camera is framed properly for various shots needed during the program.
Specific Skills Learned
- How place cameras properly in the studio to ensure optimum shot creation.
- Procedure for power up of cameras and setting preset camera positions.
- Cable dressing and wrapping procedures.
- Understanding of Camera’s Operator’s role in supporting the Director.
- How to control the camera’s zoom, focus, pan, tilt and brightness settings.
- Performs under the general supervision of the Director of the program.
- Proactively operates cameras to allow for their best use during program.
- Responsible for proper framing of each camera.
- Remotely moves cameras to give Director best choice of camera shots